Bins in the Kitchen
What are the bin options?
Here at The Kitchen Design Centre, our kitchen designers think of everything when it comes to your new designer kitchen. Both of our state of the art kitchen showrooms are fully equipped to demonstrate the very best and most innovative products in the industry.
One of the essential elements of a working kitchen is the bin. In times gone by, the bin would be a separate container that sat outside the cabinetry usually beside the fridge, at the end of the bench or under the sink. While these bin types are still available and work perfectly fine, specialty bin systems can be built into a new kitchen allowing for a much cleaner look and even better storage.
There are 4 main classifications for garage in the home. These include: general waste, recycling, compost and chook food with the most common of these being general waste and recycling. Depending on your needs, your kitchen designer will be able to help you select the right bin system for your home.
Some of the options available are:
- in drawer directly under bench with handle
- in drawer directly under bench without handle but with Blum Servo-drive (electric opening system)
- in drawer under another shallow drawer storing garbage bags, aluminium foil, plastic film, etc.
- in drawer under sink with separate lids
- in drawer under sink with suspended lids that stay in the cabinetry when the drawer is opened
- pull-out system in sink cupboard
- plus many more!
Most, if not all, of these options are on display in our kitchen showrooms located in Eltham and Blackburn. Visit one of our stunning kitchen showrooms to see the options and feel how they might be suitable for your lifestyle.