Integrated Kitchen Technology
Technically living – living technically
Integrating technology into kitchens is becoming increasingly popular. As technology is such a major part of our lives in 2014 it makes sense that it would find its way into our kitchens too. Technology in kitchens isn’t just about the appliances such as ovens and fridges but also about the cabinets and benchtops.
Some of the new technology for cabinets includes:
– Blum, Aventos with servo-drive (motorised lift up doors)
– Blum, drawer runners with servo-drive (motorised drawer runner for seamless, handle free opening)
– Benchtops that slide across to reveal a sink and/or cooktop
– Benchtops that lift up to create a higher serving area or hidden storage
– Table surface that extends out from the bench to creating a dining area. This can be motorised or manual.
Our kitchen showrooms in Eltham and Blackburn have some of these features on display for you to experience firsthand.
Some of the new technology available for appliances includes:
– Integrated dishwasher and/or fridge
– Under bench fridge drawers
– Induction cooktops
– Downdraft extractor fans (rangehood that lifts up out of the bench and sucks the steam downward)
Visit one of our kitchen showrooms to see the possibilities available for building in your appliances.
Watch the below link to see some of integrated technologies in action in the world’s largest kitchen expo, Eurocucina Milan 2014.