This week’s news is a slight side step from the kitchen area but an interesting topic nonetheless.
A new trend sweeping through the building industry is the C-Bus automation system by Clipsal. You might have seen it featured on The Block, increasingly so, over the last few seasons. As far as technology goes, this is at the forefront and all new houses or renovations should considering adding it to their home.
So what is C-Bus and how can it make working in your home easier and more efficient?
Clipsal C-Bus is an in home automation system that can be connected to different electrical systems throughout your home to control them all through one remote or tablet/smart phone device.
Some of the features include:
- Turning on, off or dimming lighting throughout the house.
- At the end of the day, select the “Goodnight” mode to turn off all lights at once.
- If you’re entertaining, set your party mode to dim the lights, play music throughout the house and turn on the water feature in your back yard.
- Connect your curtains to C-Bus to open all (or just some) each morning and close them at night.
- If you’re on holidays and want to leave your home with that “lived in look” to deter potential burglars, create a “Holiday” mode to open and close the curtains each day or turn on and off lights all to establish the illusion that someone is home.
- Allow C-Bus to control your security system too. This will allow you keyless entry into your home using a swipe card and at the same time, turn on your lights, music and heating or cooling, if you like, when you walk in.
- If you can’t live without music filling your rooms then add speakers to each of your rooms so the tunes can follow you around the house.
- Friday night movies sessions can be a dream when you can shut the blinds, dim the lights and start the movie all with the press of a button.
- The possibilities are endless so have a look at their website for more information http://www3.clipsal.com/cis/portal/